There’s nothing like getting ready to decorate the office for the holidays to make you notice how dusty and dirty everything can get. For example, hanging tinsel and lights around a reception area countertop gives you a unique opportunity to appreciate whether or not the walls need wiping down or the carpet needs cleaning.
Everything you see, your customers see – and they’ll probably notice a few more things, just for fun. To make sure your business looks its best during the holiday season, we’ve put together a cleaning checklist covering the essentials. Already have enough on your plate? Call in your local janitorial service for help.
Holiday Cleaning Checklist: Reception Areas
Reception areas typically include the following must-clean public facing features:
- Reception Countertops – Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect
- Payment Touchscreens – Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect
- Reception Windows – Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect
- Carpeting – Vacuum, Cleaning
- Upholstered Furniture – Clean, Sanitize
- Walls & Baseboards – Wipe Down
- Doors, including Door Handles – Wipe Down, Sanitize, Disinfect
- Light Switches, Thermostats, & Other Controls – Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect
- Trash Bins – Emptied, Liner Replaced
- Coat Racks – Clean, Sanitize, Disinfect
Additionally, any area the public can see through the reception counter windows needs to be freshly cleaned in order to look its festive best. In the medical office setting, this can include administrative areas which can have a tendency to get cluttered. Additionally, any other areas the public can reasonably be expected to access, such as the restrooms and conference rooms, must be kept to a high standard. If your customer gets a glimpse of the condition of the employee break room, will they want to do business with your company?
Realistically in busy organizations cleanliness is maintained on an acceptable level most of the time, but some cleaning tasks can and do get overlooked or forgotten. During the holiday season, putting up decorations draws the eye and the attention to the overall condition of your facilities. If you’re feeling a little cringe-y about the current state of things, it’s not too late to call in your local janitorial service for help. Even if the decorations are already up they can make the place look great.